Monday, May 24, 2010

Niña

For the last three months I've visited this wonderful lady called by her nick name Niña. She is 80 years of age and somehow since the first time I met her I felt like I knew her forever. She's from a little town in Portugal, Madeira were tourist is the only movement she gets from the outside island of Portugal. Niña has been with her husband for 54 years. This fact makes me ask myself, how can someone for so long be in peace with someone for 54 and still love them? In-between these facts Niña speaks words of wisdom, giving me advice on love and dedication. "Nunca decir cosas feas, siempre dile palabras bonitas cuando estes con el" (Never say anything ugly, always tell him pretty words when you're with him) Niña says, giving advice to keep up my friendship with her grandson. Niña inspires me and just this Tuesday she when back to Portugal, me and my boyfriend will send her post cards every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment